Friday, October 4, 2013

Tu Parles Francais?

I do my best thinking on the treadmill.  And when I really tune in to myself I find myself really connecting with a tune I am jamming to while I run.  Not sure which comes first but it's definitely refreshing, meditative.  Two things I love about this one: the poetry and loungey feel.

Quantic- Life in the Rain

"Sometimes I wonder if i know where i'm going. I go for a walk like this. 
And it seems I have been walking for years and years and years. 
And i don't know where i'm going. I hear the Sound leading me on. 
And i don't know where it is taking me."



I heard another tune on this new radio station I discovered, The Lounge Channel on TuneIn Radio.  A woman sang in French.  I didn't understand a word of it but it was so beautiful and soothing.  I took French in high school for this reason; such a romantic and sexy language.  French music, art, and aesthetics really moves me (not to mention- food, but we will save that for a whole 'nother world of delicious posts).  Of course this Lounge Channel is located in Monaco.  Lovely!

Oh!  Just watched Head in the Clouds with Charlize Theron and Penelope Cruz today.  So romantic and set in Paris for a good portion of it.   Beautiful movie.  Another one that comes to mind now is Amelie.  Beautiful French movie, actually in French; romantic, cute, endearing, and thoughtful.  Must see if you're a hopeless romantic like me.  

No comments: